Sunday 9 May 2010

A shiny floor and new table.....

Here is the promised photo of the 'polished' tudor floor lol. I've been informed that Tudors wouldn't have polished their floors but I do think it looks so much better now, and the tudors in my kitchen liked clean floors ;)
I've started furnishing my kitchen by building a trestle table. I followed the instructions here (as this is my first time furniture making) but changed the design of legs so it looks similar to a photo of one in a reconstructed tudor kitchen. I'm going to work on a shelf next and long stool to go along the left hand wall.


I made these items a while ago, but couldn't resist putting them 0n the table to see how they looked -


8 comments:

  1. The floor looks really good polished, you can dirty it up later if you feel like it :) And the table is fab :)

    Ira

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fact that you're going to have Tidy Tudors ... :) The floor looks great. Thanks for the link to the tutorial -- I think your version of the table worked out really well. And the veggies and basket just start to bring the whole room alive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love watching a room come to life - fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think polishing the floor is important :) It preserves your work . Use a matt finish if you don't want it to be obvious . I think you have done it here because the floor looks like how it should look, raw, tough and masculine :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it looks great polished or not :-) The table is fab.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cool room I love the floor :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I've just discovered your blog. I like to follow blogs like yours, where people build from scratch and you can follow the trials and tribulations. :-) You're doing very well and I very much like the Tudor look. Good luck, I'll keep following.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy to have found your blog today! I love the Tudor style and can't wait to see more of your room. Your floor is amazing!

    ReplyDelete