Saturday, 1 May 2010

Tudor Kitchen .......Flagstone Floor

I've made a start of the floor of the kitchen. Following Nina's blog and comments (thank you Nina, I really would have been lost without your blog!) I used a knitting needle to carve stones out of the polyfiller. I'm now patiently waiting for it to dry so I can sand it down and start colour washing.
I've also been playing around with the furniture. I've added some venetian gold and more distressing to the dressing table and painted and distressed a chair to go with it. I'm going to find some suitable material to upholster the chair and make a cushion (all firsts for me so this could be quite interesting!).
I know they both look a bit over the top and I'm in two minds as to whether to remove some of the gold, but I'll wait and see I think. With my recent paint purchases I also bought some crackle glaze. I've been experimenting with it on another piece but haven't quite got it to look right yet - I'll post more once I've played around with it a bit more.

That's it for now. We've got a bank holiday on Monday so I'm hoping I might manage to get a bit more done.


  1. Me encanta como te han quedado los muebles.
    Gracias por el enlace al blog.
    Feliz fin de semana
    besitos ascension

  2. Oh, I think it looks grand, already! I really like your room as a whole ... And I think the furniture is charming :)

  3. You've done a fab job with this floor! I know it has to be easier than laying and grouting in flagstones, which I'm just about to do. I can't wait to see them painted. :o)

    Michelle xx