Thursday 6 May 2010

More Flagstones.......

I've been playing around with the kitchen flagstones these past few days and after several colour washes I think I am just about done. I'm going to seal them with an acrylic sealent which will make them slightly shiny which hopefully will make them look like a swept and polished floor (even though I'm not sure the tudors would have ever polished their floors!).

I've suddenly realised that the overall building of the room box is complete - wow, I wasn't sure I would even get this far. I'm looking forward to the next stage though of furnishing it! Again as I have made everything so far from scratch (apart from the lights), I am going to try and make all the accessories myself. I've armed myself with some wood and some glue and already have a stash of polymer clay, so I'll keep you posted with how I get on.

10 comments:

  1. The floor looks great! Good job! And no, they didn't polish the floors but who cares anyway? Minis are fun, so it can be highly shining floor if you want to :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your floor -- it looks perfect! It must feel amazing having the whole box done -- and the fact that you scratch-built the thing from start to finish is something to be really proud of. Brava!

    I can't wait to see how you furnish it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me encanta el resultado, seguro que con un poco de brillo quedaran muy bien.
    Volvere para ver todas las cositas que vas a hacer
    besitos ascension

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great floor - real "historical" look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Old Maid - Thank you, and for letting me know about the polish - but you're right, especially as I'm not strictly sticking to historical fact. I've sealed it now and I think it looks even better.
    The Dangerous Mezzo - It's a lovely feeling to have got the box complete, although I do still have to sort out the top/roof but I might just wait until the end so that it's easier to get shelving up etc. Furnish wise I've got lots of grand ideas but I'm not sure how they'll translate into practice lol.
    Acension - Thank you for all your lovely comments x
    Alienora - Thank you, I'm really quite proud of it. The trick that The Dangerous Mezzo gave about adding warm colour washes really makes it looks aged and more realistic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The flooring looks fabulous! You made and coloured those flagstones and you done a great job! :o)) Warm washes are a great idea, I did mine in the conservatory and it gave them an aged look. ;o)

    Michelle :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good work on the floor - very realistic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Michelle and Irene :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The flagstones look great! I'm enjoying your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done for getting to the end...the floor looks great.

    ReplyDelete